Thursday, January 6, 2011

Books I read in 2010

As you may know, I am a bookworm. If I could, I would hole up in a library and tear through the shelves. But since my children would not survive without me (especially Evan) alas I may only read when I can find some time. (Occasionally even when I don't have time, but I am totally absorbed in a book....okay, maybe more than occasionally...) I thought I would mark a few that I recommend for reading....also the titles followed by (J) are considered juvenile literature.

You may not have noticed the list I had going on my sidebar this past year, but here it is:

*These is my words by Nancy E. Turner ( This will be added to my collection on day.)
*Forgotten Skills of Cooking by Darina Allen (Excellent advice on "old time-y" cooking.)
*11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass (J)
*Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs (This will be added to my collection shortly. Highly recommend for great relationship advice...not really a fun read.)
*The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
*Lemony Snickets' The Unauthorized Autobiography (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The End (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The Penultimate Peril (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The Grim Grotto (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The Slippery Slope (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The Carnivorous Carnival (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The Hostile Hospital (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The Vile Village (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The Ersatz Elevator (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The Austere Academy (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The Miserable Mill (J)
*All Creatures Great and Small by James Harriot
*Lemony Snickets' The Bad Beginning (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The Reptile Room (J)
*Lemony Snickets' The Wide Window (J)
*The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss
*Pick another checkout lane, honey by Joanie Demer
*Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (A great classic. A long, but excellent read. )
*Superfreakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
*Freakonomics by Steven Levitt & Stephen Dubner
*Unclutter your life in one week by Erin Rooney Doland
*The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
*Like Gold Refined by Janette Oke
*A Quiet Strength by Janette Oke
*A Searching Heart by Janette Oke
*The Tender Years by Janette Oke
*The Book of Mormon (If you don't know what this is...check it out.)
*Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (J)
*Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (J)
*Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (J)
*Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (J)
*Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling (J)
*Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling (J)
*Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling (J) (This series is a must read! And slightly addictive....ask my ignored husband and children.)
*The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
*Finally by Wendy Mass (J)
*Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
*Anthem by Ayn Rand
*Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks
*The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks
*Cold Train Coming by Larry Barkdull
*The Lighthouse Keeper by James Michael Pratt

I look forward to all the books that I will read in 2011!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

YES! I am an avid reader, too (from 1 book a week up to 4 books a week, depending), so I am LOVING this list!! Gracias.

I loved These Is My Words and Secret Life of Bees.

Bird is the Word said...

NERD! I think I read THREE books this year... All by Nicholas Sparks... The Guardian, Dear John and something else... My friend made me read them... not that it was not fun to read. I plan on reading ALL his books then retiring my reading until Stephanie Mayer does another series! :)