Saturday, January 8, 2011

A moment of crisis...

Here is how it started...As normal, I was scrolling through the list of blogs I check out. Some family, some friends, some people I don't know but would love to one day. I clicked on my sister Melissa's blog about her son's 2nd birthday today.

Sure no big deal, you think. It is only your nephew's 2nd birthday. No need to go into full crisis mode. It started simply by my deciding to comment on her blog and wishing Landon a happy birthday.

But then I took a moment to reflect on what this year will bring to me. That is when I realized the blows 2011 will bring...

1. In one and a half months, my little girl Kim (who really isn't that little because she is wearing the same size shoes that I do) will turn 12. She will be going into the YW program. That makes me feel really old....REALLY OLD!(Here Kim is decorating the tree. She will probably hate this picture being on my blog since she wasn't given appropriate "5 day notification" to choose the correct outfit to be seen in public.)

2. Then in three short months, my sweet baby Evan will turn 1. Normally that is a moment of delight and celebration for parents. And don't get me wrong, we will party like its 2011 and have cake and presents, but I will need to stop crying first. This is my baby...my last baby and he is growing up way too fast!(Isn't he completely adorable. He refused to take a nap that morning and literally crawled himself to sleep. Just collapsed on the floor, rolled up in his blankie and napped.)

3. Then in six short months, my oldest boy Logan will turn 5. This marks that huge milestone of starting kindergarten. And loosing my little man. The only boy who will actually listen when I say no.
(Check out that grin. How can you not love a kid with that smile? It is impossible, trust me.)

4. Then in eight relatively short months, the "beast" (as we lovingly refer to my middle son) Owen will turn 3! And I thought 2 was bad...3 was much harder with my older ones....let us all pray he (and I) survive the year.
(Here he is posing with a sticker on his forehead...the same exact place that a lovely bruise currently resides.)

Perhaps it is a good thing I'm getting a job. The extra money will help me drown my sorrows with A&W Root Beer and chocolate.

Here is to hoping 2011 doesn't make me a total wreak emotionally!

3 comments:

Lindsey and Jared said...

You are not old! And what job are you getting???

Your family is ADORABLE :)

XOXO

Bird is the Word said...

BAAAAHHHAAAAA!! LOTS of changes! And I know, I should not be crying over my TWO year old, but I think it is because I don't have "the baby" to hold and love right now... LOVE the pictures! Can I PLEASE have Evan. He looks like he would be easy... :)LOVE his precious picture! The other kids are cute in theirs too, but HELLO ADORABLE snuggle bug!!
P.S. What is this job you speak of?

daveandlisa said...

Love this post! Sounds like you're going to have a great year! he he he.