This has been the plea from Owen all day long. He wants me to call and tell them to come over to our house. Here is the problem, they live a mere 541 miles from us.
I can hear you thinking, "What prompted this request?"
You see they came out for a fun-filled visit Dec 27 - 31. My cousin, Whitney, was getting married in Idaho Falls, so they decided to make a mini-vacation of it and see the grandkids.
Tuesday, we played the day away. (The women shopping. The men playing racquetball at the gym and the Wii back at home.)
Wednesday, we packed up two cars and drove over to Idaho Falls for the wedding. Thursday was the sealing and reception. I realized how much I appreciate my parents (and little brother) as they helped me wrangle 4 kids.
The boys had a grand time playing with Grandpa and Grandma and Uncle Preston...we just wished they lived closer so that we really could just call and have them come over for a visit.
Here is Owen's desperate plea (notice the melt-down at the end as his request isn't being fulfilled):
So I called and left a message on their machine. (It was 4:30pm their time and Grandpa is probably still at work and Grandma was probably busy.) But that wasn't good enough. Owen wanted to talk to Grandpa....and Now! So I called back and go the machine. Owen left a heart-felt message for them.
As you can plainly see....We love Grandma and Grandpa! (And even Uncle Preston.)
UPDATE 1/14/11: Today our neighbor came over to return a computer cord she borrowed. When Owen heard the knock on the door he yells out "Grandpa here!" I had to break it to him that it wasn't grandpa and tried to explain yet again that Grandpa and Grandma live far away and can't just come visit when they want....I'll need to figure out something to help with this. Maybe we will trying calling again tomorrow. Hopefully they are home to answer
2 comments:
There was nothing on the video... I was getting fully prepared to giggle at how cute he was going to be! HAHA! Too bad you moved so far! It does suck! When My kids cry about wanting Grandma and Grandpa we just go the next weekend or so..
Hmmm...wonder why the video didn't play for you...I just clicked on it and it worked for me.
It does suck that we live so far away...we will just have to keep trying to convince them to move up here. :)
Post a Comment