Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Such a mean, mean mommy (and brother)

Look mom...Kim left the pantry unlocked, so Owen got into it and found the candy canes. Then he left one where I could get it. (Sorry about this pic. My flash was acting crazy.)

Look mom...so yummy. I'm so happy with this thing in my mouth. Even though it still has the wrapper on it.

Look mom...I'm coming to get you and the camera with my sticky, sticky hands.

Wait! You are going to take away my candy cane? What is up with that?
I really can't believe you took away my candy cane and put it on the counter where I can't reach it. Didn't you see how yummy it was?

Wait a second...Owen just came in and put the candy cane on the floor. Maybe she won't notice if I get it, she is playing with the camera and all.

Crawl fast my fat, chunky little legs. Crawl as fast as you can go.

Score! I got it! Yummy, sticky goodness!
Hold on Owen that is my candy cane. I worked hard to get it.

Mom, he took my candy cane.
Why are you laughing? I really want that candy cane. Why did you put it in the garbage?


Funny side note: I put the candy cane in the garbage and comforted sweet baby. About 30 minutes later, I find Owen digging in my trash. I asked him what he is doing and he responded with "Want candy. Want candy." Really?!?!

1 comment:

Bird is the Word said...

BAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHH! I was so laughing with you! Isn't is so funny the reactions you get... Landon gives me the "you ruined my life" look ALL the time! Just yesterday he was trying to enjoy some bread that was on the counter (yes BOTH my kids can climb up onto the counter) and he yelled "NO MOMMY!" at me when I took the knife out of his deathgrip hands... yeah he was TRYING to cut it up to eat... not very successful at cutting with a knife yet! BUT OH SO FUNNY WHEN THEY GIVE YOU THOSE LOOKS! LOVE IT!!