Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snow Day!

This morning at 6am we got a call. Luckily, I was up feeding Evan or I would have been very unhappy. It was the superintendent calling to say that school was closed for the day. Snow day! Kim was very excited to hear she didn't have to go to school. We celebrated with Hot Cocoa for breakfast. (OK, I normally have hot cocoa for breakfast, but it was a treat for the boys.)

We looked outside to check out the snowfall. There was at least 4 inches. Check out this pic. I shoveled the walkway to give you an idea how deep it is...

Steven proposed that we pay Kim to shovel the driveway and I seconded the idea. Kim was very excited to earn some money for Christmas presents. So promptly got bundled up and I gave her a quick tutorial on how to shovel snow. For the most part, it's pretty easy going since it is snow that had fallen overnight and isn't compacted yet. Just to test it out, I did the walkway and a strip to the far side of the driveway to get her started.

Here she is saying "Come on mom" (in that annoying, yet entertaining teenage whine) when she noticed I had come outside with the camera.
Here she is digging in deep to get a shovelful. Put your back into it! Use those arms!
And getting ready to chuck the snow. Check out the driveway behind her...only 30 minutes in and she has one side pretty much done. Good going Kim!

Here she is waving at the camera (at my request after some more of that whining) just to prove that I'm not a complete and horrible mother subjecting my child to slave labor...hey, she is getting paid.Ah, the joys of an older child. Now the snow won't get all compacted when we head out to the gym and library in a little while. It's a win-win situation for all!

Happy Snow Day!

2 comments:

Bird is the Word said...

Tell Kim GOOD JOB! That is SWEET! Too bad my kids wont get any money for that crap ANYTIME soon... it better not snow in Clovis...

Lindsey and Jared said...

Tiffany! I can't find your email address anywhere :( I would love any boy stuff you have!!!