Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh, what a wonderful morning

Here was my morning...

Owen woke up yelling to be let out of his room at 5:50am. (He can't open the door, so we just shut it to at night to prevent midnight wandering and early morning destruction.) Steven, my wonderful husband, go up and told him to go back to sleep (I'm sure much more lovingly then I would have seeing as I was up at 4:30 with Evan).
Logan comes out of Evan's room (we are trying a trial separation of the older two to see if more sleep ensues, not working so far) while Steven is coming back into the room. Steven tells him to go back to bed.
Steven gets ready for work and comes to wake me up at 6:15am. (I have requested this torture so I have time to exercise and shower before the boys get up...yes, you can laugh at me now.)

I drag myself out of bed, put on my workout clothes and start my Yoga Booty Ballet DVD.
Yes, I love it. (And ballet is awesome exercise. Got me down to a size 4 in 2003. But that could also be partially attributed to also working 2 full time jobs, going to school part time and being a single mom.)

Back to my story...so at 6:27, Logan (pretending to be sleepy eyed like he just woke up) comes into my room. I have to stop my DVD and tell him it is too early to be up and to go back to bed. To which he replies, there isn't a clock in Evan's room (he is suppost to stay in his room until 7am). To which I reply that I will come and get him when it is time to get up.
Restart my DVD, finish my workout and go shower. Glance at the clock, see it is only 6:45 and decide to fold laundry that has been sitting in a basket in my room since Friday.

While folding laundry (and loving it...yes, I'm weird, but it's like meditation....just like pulling weeds from my garden is...no, I'm not being sarcastic, I really do like both of those chores, just ask my husband...I was pulling weeds in the rain last night. I finally came in when the lightning and thunder were striking pretty close to the house.) Sorry for the tangent, back to....While folding laundry, Logan comes into my room again. I look at the clock 6:55...I tell him he still has 10 minutes (hey, I wanted to finish with laundry and make my bed while I was at it) and to go back.
To which he responds with, "I'm just really sad that dad had to go to work."

Me: "That is sad, but you need to GO BACK TO BED. I will get you when it is 7."
He groans and slams the door shut. Luckily, he didn't wake up Evan.

I finish the laundry and get it in the basket to put away when Owen is awake. I go to make the bed and remember that Evan peed out of his diaper (on daddy's watch, while I was pulling weeds) on my duvet and it needs to be washed. So I take the comforter out of the duvet and take it into the laundry room to wash.

While I'm getting the machine ready for a load (Evan's clothes to be precise...baby clothes to fold today....sigh) Logan comes out AGAIN. I call him into the laundry room and we have a talk about him listening to mommy. Goes something like this:
Me: Logan, what did mommy tell you?

L: To go back to bed.

Me: So why are you out of bed?

L: Because there isn't a clock in Evan's room.
Me: I know there isn't, that is why I told you that I would come get you at 7.

L: But I don't know what time it is.

Me: I know you don't. Daddy is getting a clock today for you. But you need to listen to mommy when she tells you something.

L: But I did listen to you.
Me: No, you didn't. Mommy told you to go back to sleep and you have come out of the room 2 times since then. And Daddy even told you earlier to go back to sleep and you didn't listen.

L: But I'm just sad that daddy had to go to work today.

Me: I know you are sad, but you still need to listen to mommy. Remember what Jesus tells us...to listen to your mommy and daddy. Don't you want to be like Jesus?

L: Yes. I will listen to you tomorrow.
Me: (Ever so doubtful, but knowing that husband is picking up alarm clock today) I'm sure you will. I love you, Logan. You know that right?

L: Yes. I love you too, mommy.

I know you are judging me for playing the Jesus card. But sometimes you gotta make a kid think. And since he really is "Trying to be like Jesus" as his favorite bedtime song goes, a woman's gotta to do, what a woman's gotta do......
PS. Neelie, 1 down...2 more to go. Get ready!

2 comments:

Bird is the Word said...

haha! I TRY the Jesus card and Hailey does not even miss a beat in her nasty-ness to me. She hates me... Maybe another year in nursery will teach her to be like jesus...

The David Rays said...

LOL... you crack me up! No rush on the next two posts. Pace yourself! And you are my hero!! seriously getting up early on purpose...i drag myself out of bed vowing daily to take a nap when jax does...."when jax does" that is a whole different story. Loved your post. you make me feel normal! Now start scouting out pharmacies for david up there. Only 35 more months to go( i know , pathetic but seriously my sanity is on the line here)....or he is open to residency programs as well. :)