Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Logan's 4th Birthday

My little man turned 4! That time has gone way too fast! He is learning and growing everyday!


Jumping! One of his favorite activities. He jumps off everything...his bed, the couch, the stairs...you name it, he will probably jump off it.

So for Logan's Birthday, Nikki decided they wanted to do something different. They wanted to take Logan out to eat for his birthday and then over to the dollar store to pick out a present. Awesome idea...Logan loved it. Monday night, they went to....


And of course, at the INTERNATIONAL HOUSE OF PANCAKES, Logan ordered a hamburger. He gobbled down the whole thing. At the dollar store, he was a bit like his mother, indecisive. I guess he went through a huge list of items he wanted (including, but not limited to a spiderman ball, flowers and rubber snake) before settling on 2 Word World books. (That is one of his favorite shows. And he can read both of them all by himself.)

When they came back, we had some cake and sang happy birthday. Check out the awesome cake (Baked by mommy and decorated by daddy.) and the huge, cheesy grin on his face. Notice Katelyn standing on the chair in the background. (Just wanted to point out it was Katelyn and that I don't in fact dress Owen in girl's clothing.)
After cake it was off to bed.

Tuesday, June 15th, the real celebration was to commence.
Logan got to wear his "Birthday Boy, Baseball" shirt that I found on the Kohl's clearance rack 2 days previously...man I'm awesome. We basically bummed around the house all day waiting for daddy to get home. We let Logan decide where he wanted to go out to eat. (Tradition in our family, the birthday person gets to decide.) Where did we go you ask...

Which worked out pretty good since Tuesday is 1/2 price happy meals. This dinner was good for our budget. And pretty yummy. (Yes, I did work at McD's for a few years and will still eat there. I think I'm addicted to their burgers and nuggets.)

Logan got to play in the playplace for a while and then he played some fooseball and air hockey with dad and it was time to come home. We had some leftover cake and then opened presents.

Just some of the haul!

Very happy about showing me the money. (Also a great present idea.)
Daddy and Evan watching Logan read a card. (Yes, he reads. And rather well.)
Owen wanting his pic taken as Logan opens presents.
Excited for his new Darth Vader Light Saber.
(He is obessed with Star Wars. Want to be "Luke Skywalker, Jedi" for Halloween.)

Checking out the PJ's and Soap kit from the Birds.
(And yes, he wore those PJs to bed that night.)Such a great day for the Birthday Boy! Thanks for all the presents! He was excited about each and every one. And thanks for all those rolling in...

PS. Grandma Andersen...we have watched "Pistachio" many, many times. I think it was definitely worth the money you spent on it.

2 comments:

Bird is the Word said...

glad he likes the presents he got! That is all that matters! CUTE that the Richardson's took him out to eat, it would cost TOOOOOO Much for us to do that! LOL! Did Grandma get Owen that shirt?? If so she got Landon the same one... hehe! YEAH LOGIE IS 4! Hailey can't WAIT to play with him, and I KNEW that was Katelyn because I got her that outfit for HER birthday... I am SUCH a good auntie!

Tiffany said...

He loves the presents! So tell me why it is that I can remember who gave my children which outfits, but I can't get the right name for the kid? Ah, so sad. Hey, I've only called Evan by Preston's name once...so far....

And yes, Grandma did get Owen that shirt...perhaps I will remember to bring it to Cali so Owen and Landon can be twins....bet they are the same size...