Sometimes things just don't go as you would like.
It was a typical Friday...I was doing laundry.
(Keep in mind my laundry room is upstairs and I have to go up and down to switch over every load. At least all my bedrooms are upstairs so the only thing that needs to be carried back down are dish towels and such.)
I was sitting on the couch and all of a sudden out of no-where my Living Christ picture falls off the wall...
I think, Weird, but it is hanging on the wall below the laundry room and maybe the banging around up there just knocked it off. I was feeding the baby and not too concerned so I left it alone.
A few minutes later, I hear this weird gurgling sound. I get a little worried because I have a horrible fear of my washing machine breaking and flooding my house. (Remember the whole Thanksgiving flooding and hence reflooring upstairs episode? I think my fears are a little founded.)
I immediately turn around and see water squirting out of the wall where my picture had previously hung. AHHHHHHH! My mind is a little fuzzy here...somehow the baby was not thrown and my exposed parts were probably covered :) as I flew to the wall to investigate.
THERE IS WATER LEAKING OUT OF MY WALL.
(Okay...maybe not as bad as the above pic....but still. ) I freak out. Hanging above my Living Christ picture is the beloved Christ cross-stitch. I immediatly pull it off the wall, knowing someone will die if it is ruined. I grab a chair and start inspecting the ceiling. Not wet...I run up the stairs to see if my machine has overflowed or the drain pipe has come out of the wall. Nothing looks amiss or wet upstairs...WHAT THE HECK!I run back downstairs and look in the hole. There is water still coming out so I dab at it with a dishtowel. At least it isn't a steady stream of water. But where is it coming from. I grab my phone and call him with the excellent new that we have a water leak. While talking to my husband, I grab a box cutter and start extracting drywall...which at this time is wet.
Finally I find the problem. While drilling the hole to hang up my Living Christ pic, my husband drilled through the return water pipe for my washing machine. Luckily, my last load of laundry was finishing draining, so I just stuck my dishtowel over the hole and kept water from coming out.
When Steven comes home, he makes the hole bigger and we discover that since I was present and minimized the flow of water, it didn't get into the insulation and we only need to replace a section of the drywall. Since it was a return pipe and not pressurized, we were able to seal it with silicone gel and duck tape (the recommendation of the plumbing guy from Home Depot).
My question...who the heck puts a pipe in the middle of a freaking wall? Hello, CBH...you are idiots. Ever think someone might want to hang a pic in the middle of their wall and not hit a water pipe...I blame a man for this!!! (No, not my hubby. He was simply hanging the pic where instructed. I blame some idiot who plumbed my home and didn't think all the way through it.) Seriously, look at this pic...the pipe in the middle of the wall...what the heck!?!
1 comment:
I FREAKING Love it... I BLAME A MAN!! SO true! And I blame the MEN who are laying out houses... REALLY? You thought someone would LIKE a retarded house?? UGH!
Post a Comment