Evan's blessing went well. Steven's mom, Rena, flew up for the occasion and to visit the family on Memorial Day. Oh, it was nice to have a ready-made and willing babysitter in the house. I was able to get some much needed projects and cleaning done. Not to mention the older 2 boys loved spending the afternoon across the street at the park with Grandma. (On the 2 days it wasn't raining or cloudy while she was here.) Here she is pictured on the left. My parents on the right. (If you don't know the two people in the middle...who are you and why are you reading my blog? No really...I would like to know.)
My parents and little brother came out the Friday night before the blessing and left the Monday after so we were able to hang out all day Saturday and Sunday. As tradition goes, Dad took us all out for dinner to celebrate Nikki, Brian and Logan's birthdays. After much deliberation we decided to go to:
I don't think anyone was disappointed with the choice. If you have never been to Cracker Barrel you are missing out. They have good, down-home, Grandma-cooking-with-lard food. Mom bought Logan and Kim the peg games they have at the store. Kim enjoys playing the game. Logan and Owen like putting the pegs in and pulling them out. (Owen also got a little dinosaur. Once he figured out how it works he was delighted to watch it go and growl at it.)Sunday morning we all made it to church early. I even had time to set up the Primary room and get things organized because I was conducting. In typical Steven fashion, the blessing was short and sweet. We came home from church. Talked, played and ate the day away. Luckily, Mom and Dad were able to stay until the next morning and we were able to talk into the evening before they headed over to the Richardson's house for some sleep.
Here are the men that were in the circle. (Uncle Brian, Daddy, Evan of course, and Grandpa Andersen. Not pictured, Bishop Reynolds.) What a nice looking bunch of men. Thanks for being worthy and willing to help with the blessing.
And last, but not least, my cute little brother holding his newest nephew. Aren't they adorable!?! (Girls, he is only 16 and needs to serve a mission, then I can give you his number.)
1 comment:
Pressy is SO hot right now! GOSH! And sorry we missed it. I had a BLAST at my reunion though! We will have SO much fun when you are here for the summa... Mom and Dad's POOR house... 8 crazy grandkids... AHHHHHHH!
Post a Comment