I had my 37 week appointment with my OB today. At my last couple appointments I have been measuring big so he wanted to do an ultrasound just to check out how Evan is doing.
Steven met me at the appointment and we were quickly taken back. They forgot that I was having the ultrasound, so they took me to a normal room. After I had already undressed, they moved me to the right room. Steven had asked if I was going to put my pants back on, I said "Heck, no! I will wrap this sheet around me and walk over to the room." I don't think he fully realizes how difficult it is to put on pants as a pregnant woman and to just have to take them off again....that is crazy.
Dr. C came in and we started. He did the ultrasound measuring Evan and the amniotic fluid. He said fluid levels look good (which I guess was one of the main concerns). He asked how big my other kids were...Kim 8 lb. 5 oz., Logan 7 lb. 6 oz and Owen 7 lb. 2 oz....all pretty normalish size kids. He said that according to current measurements Evan is about 7 1/2 lbs. If things go to the bitter end, I could be pushing out another 8 1/2 lb or even 9 lb baby. How fun for my last. :)
Next came the "fun" part. The internal exam. I have been having contractions for the last couple weeks, nothing regular or too painful, mainly just irritating. But I was hoping that I was at least dilated to 2 or 3 so that an induction could be considered. Dr. C asked me what I thought I was at, I didn't want to answer...what if I said 2 and it was 0. That would have sucked. He made my day and told me that I am dilated to 3 cm! I meet the criteria for induction! That means the latest this kid will be born is April 20th. We will set up the induction at my next week at my next appointment. (They can only schedule a week in advance.) I about floated out of the office.
So, to recap....I am dilated to 3 and will be induced April 19th or 20th if I don't go into labor on my own. Evan is going to be a good size baby. And these contractions are actually doing something! Yea!
2 comments:
Oh that is so exciting!! I was never dilated to anything before they induced me with both my kids, so that's awesome... hopefully a really short labor, right?? I loved getting induced, knowing the exact day, being able to make plans. The day before goes SO SLOW though. That's the only bad part.
I'm so excited for you to meet your little Evan! Put up pictures as soon as you can afterwards so I can see the cuteness.
YEAH! I was just talking to Mom about when you are poppin this baby out! HAHA! I am lucky my kids come early, I never have to even think about being induced... Heavenly Father knows I can't push anything bigger than 7 lbs out of these hips. We needed another birthday in April... now Crystal has a friend!!
Post a Comment