A few minutes into my shower, he comes over and asks, "Hey mom. Do you know what I learned about in Primary?" I had seen his picture that came home, but decided to play dumb.
"Nope, what did you learn about?"
"I learned about animals." He shouts while jumping around in circles.
"Really. What did you learn about animals?"
"I learned that animals give us stuff."
"What kind of stuff?"
"Well, cows give us milk. And sometimes cheese. Some animals give us meat. Chickens give us EGGS." (Keep in mind, we decorated eggs not too long ago for easter, so they are super exciting to talk about.)
"Really. How does that happen?"
"The chickens give us eggs. And then someone puts them in the container. Then we get them from the store and make egg salad sandwiches." (Did I mention we decorated over a dozen eggs that are now being eaten? Can you tell what Logan has been enjoying for lunch lately?)
"How do the eggs get into the carton."
"No, mom. I said container. Someone puts them there."
"Do you know who puts them there? Maybe a farmer?"
"Oh, yeah. The farmer puts them in the container. Then he puts them in the fridge while we are sleeping and then we buy them from the store. Did you know that a farmer lives on the farm. He takes care of the animals....all the cows and chickens and pigs and ducks. Did you know that ducks have eggs too?"
"Really? That is pretty cool."
"Yeah. Then they come out of the shell and become ducklings."
This conversation when on for quite as I finished my shower and got dressed. All the while, I heard about lions that are as big as his dad and other things animals give us.
My favorite part of the conversation was when he told me about fish and how they give us water. When I asked how they did that, he replied," Well, they put it into their bodies and then they spit it out. Then it makes mud for the pigs to lay in."
This kid just cracks me up.
In case you were wondering. We decided to watch Toy Story instead of playing the Wii. I have a feeling that we might play tonight for our family home evening activity. :) This way, I can still be there to watch the movie, but also get some things done on my netbook. A winning situation for all.
3 comments:
That is SO cute! I was in nursery with Hailey and I could tell you about the lesson but could Hailey... NO! She was too busy running in circles with the other boy as I tried to chase them in my skirt and heals... good times! PLEASE tell me one day Hailey will LEARN something at church like Logan...
There will come a day when she learns something. I've learned that asking what they learned doesn't get an answer. You have to wait for them to come to you. :)
I love that you said "...there are worse things in the world..." because it's true. Sometimes I think I need to lay low and not stress that my kids love to watch movies and sometimes I let them a little too much. There are worse things, right??
What a cute little boy. It'll be fun when my kids make me laugh with things like this.
Post a Comment