Tuesday, April 20, 2010

He is here....

Evan Andersen Ray arrived this afternoon at 2:18pm. He weighed in at 8 lbs 8 ozs, the largest of my babies. Length of 20 inches is average. Like his previous siblings, he has a good amount of dark hair and gorgeous blue eyes.

Labor went pretty smoothly. When we came in I hadn't dilated, but my cervix had thinned out some. I got started on Pitocin at 8am. I was pleased to get my epidural about 11:30am. They broke my water about 12pm. Things progressed nicely and quickly until he arrived. He was trying to come out "sunny side up" or face up, so Dr. C turned him with no problem. After 2 contractions, he was here.

Due to his quick descent and exit, he has some bruising on his face, but is still ridiculously cute. He is sleeping like a little angel and eating well. Enjoy the pics.

Getting cleaned up right after birth.

Not Enjoying his bath too much.
Chubby little cheeks and nice dark hair.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh YAY! I'm so glad he turned back around and that everything went so smoothly! I said a few prayers your way, so I'm glad today turned out so great for you guys. He sure is a handsome guy! Thanks for posting, it was so fun to hear about! Congrats on your last little guy.

That's cool that they do his bath in a sink, with bubbles and everything. With my kids they just did it in the nursery, and they held them under a running tap. No soap or anything. So the baby wasn't totally clean - so that is nice, I'm jealous! And I'm sure that you were more than a little "pleased" to get the epidural... that was the very first thing I told my nurses when I got induced, "I want an epidural, just so you're aware!".

Congrats again! I bet the kids are so excited for their new brother.

daveandlisa said...

Congratulations! He is so adorable!

Bird is the Word said...

I just want to PINCH those little chubby cheeks! He looks a little like Preston when he was first born... remember he was SO chubby he could BARLEY open his eyes! LOVES IT! ~
Congrats glad it was over quickly! I prayed you would have a quick labor, and I hate that my prayers was answered! HAHA! Just kidding! LOVE YA!~

Tami Ray said...

Welcome Evan! I am sure you are so happy to be done with your pregnancy Tiffany. LOL He is super cute, can't wait to meet him.

Lindsey and Jared said...

Congratulations Tiff!