I went in today for my 38 week check up. After the hospital fiasco, I was hoping to hear that I had dilated some and was eager to find out my induction date.
As my doc is checking me, he gets a weird look on his face. Not the thing you want to see when someone is "down there". I immediately know that I haven't dilated anything and he confirms. But he also mentions that he didn't feel a head (like he should have and they did when we left the hospital), instead he was feeling a hand or foot...yes, Evan has decided to do some somersaults and is now sitting up in my uterus. (Little stinker will fit in well with his difficult brothers.)
My doc decides we will indeed proceed with my induction, which will take place on Tuesday April 20th @ 7am. At that time, we will check to see if he has flipped again. If that is the case, the induction will proceed as normal. If he decides he likes being butt down and doesn't flip in the mean time then they will proceed to "turn" him and then induce me. If the little stinker won't be turned or the cord starts to come out, I will then need a c-section.
He also tells me that if my water breaks, I need to run, not walk into the hospital. If Evan is still breech they might be able to flip him in time, but if the cord comes out things could go very bad. He emphasized that normally when your water breaks, you have some time to gather things together and mosey in...but with a breech baby I need to get to the hospital immediately and worry about bags and all that junk later.
Can you tell that I'm really super excited for this? The topping to this wonderful cake is that my platelets are low. At last check (a few weeks ago) they were at 104. If the level drops below 100 I will not be able to get an epidural. (Granted, the same thing happened with Owen and my level stayed high enough to get the epidural, but just barely.) So I don't know what kind of excitement is awaiting me next Tuesday....guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Oh, the last little bit of joyful news....my husband's second "sample" to the urologist came back positive again! Holy moley! That is one fertile man and I blame him for my current predicament. ARGH!
4 comments:
Oh wow, craziness! Darn that little Evan! When I was preggo with Camie, and I was only like 5 months along, I brought up to my doc that her head was towards my ribs and her feet were down lower (cause I could feel the kicks) and I was like "is that okay? Do babies usually stay breech the whole time?" cause I was freaked out about having a breech baby. She assured me that at 5 months along I totally didn't need to worry about it yet.
Well hopefully everything goes okay. Get a priesthood blessing, and our family will pray for you next Tuesday! Both my kids were born on a Tuesday with induction - it's amazing all around the country that that's the day for inductions!
WOW! EVAN listen to auntie Melissa... we don't like breach children, STRAIGHTEN UP mister! I mean get upside down or WHATEVER! Good Luck! You are in our prayers for sure! ~ April 20th... you know that is national "toke out" day... 4-20... just sayin'... :)
That's crazy! Can't wait to see the little guy! Hope it all goes well. And can I say how happy I am that you are updating your blog a lot more frequently now? I love being able to stay up to date on you Idahoans.
Good luck Tiff! YOu are probably in there right now! I wish you all the best, and I hope I get to meet him soon!
Post a Comment