Having a house full of boys is a whole different world then the one I grew up in. When I was a kid, I only had sisters, so we had girl toys to play with. (My brother didn't come along until I was 14, by then I'd outgrown the need for Barbies and such.) But I remember spending hours playing with Barbies...changing their clothes over and over, creating houses out of shoe boxes, making them fall in love with Ken over and over, driving her around in her car...hours of entertainment. I'm sure my mother was thrilled.
Fast forward many years and welcome to my world of boys....mega bloks strewn all over the floor, hot wheel cars in every nook and cranny, balls of all sizes and colors everywhere...boys flitting from one activity to another on a whim...it's a whole other world.
Enter Christmas 2011, Logan and Owen both got dart guns. They love playing with them while at the McEntire's house, so Steven and I decided to get some for the boys. They have since been informed you are not allowed to shoot mommy (or anyone else) in the face.
The other night, after family home evening, Owen decided to brake out his gun and start shooting. It all innocently started with him shooting up in the air to have it fall back down to Earth.
But then it happened....the dart stuck to the ceiling....
Oh the excitement! After a few minutes, the dart disentangled itself from the ceiling and fell. Of course Owen reloaded his gun and fired again...
Here is Steven lifting Owen up to retrieve the dart from the ceiling before it fell again.
Logan holding his super, awesome Star Wars dart gun. Can you tell he is having fun?
Since hitting the ceiling is so easy....they finally opted to try hitting the ceiling fan. I think they might have even turned it on....
So just in case you were wondering...this is what we do occasionally for our FHE activity.
1 comment:
NICE! I should ship Landon to your house because the poor little boy does not have many boy toys... LUCKILY his birthday and christmas passed so he got some FUN BOY stuff... I have a hard time buying boy things because it seams just WRONG because we did not have ANY of these things growing up... Oh BOY!~ LOL!~ GREAT FHE!~
Post a Comment