Every year for Christmas, our little family does a "Gift for Christ" exchange. Like the little drummer boy, we can't do anything that would equal the gift that we receive from Christ, but it's our little way of showing the kids the true meaning of Christmas.
In past years, there have been songs sung, pictures drawn, stories or books read. This year Steven wrote a Christmas story, Kim read a story, Logan sung a song and the 2 little ones colored pictures.
For my gift this year I wanted to do something special. I decided to take apart the lines of "The Living Christ" a proclamation the First Presidency and 12 apostles put together in 2000 and put them together with pictures to help my kids better understand the meaning. So I delved into the world of digital scrapbooking (Side note...I do love the easiness of digital scrapbooking, but I miss the feel of paper and glue doing the "real" thing. I think I'll continue to do a mixture of both).
I showed my friend and she loved it! (Thanks for the praise Tamera.) I had Steven post it on his website so she could access it and print it for her use. Today, I just thought some of you might like it also. Here are a couple of my favorite pages:
Title Page

Just really love this quote and the ribbon:

Love this pic:

Love the door knob on this one (and yes, the SLC temple is pretty, but if the Meridian one was done, I'd totally have that pic instead....I may just update this page when it is):

So here is the link: http://rayznkids.us/galleries/LivingChrist
The images are 8 inches by 8 inches. I think I adjusted them on the copies I printed to 7x7 and mounted them on black paper.
Feel free to check it out. If you like it, print a copy for your family.
No comments:
Post a Comment