Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snowy Day

So far this year, it has been pretty dry up in these parts. Today we finally got some snow worth writing home about. Of course, the boys wanted to go out and play. After some nudging from Neelie, I decided to bundle them up and send them outside.

Here is Evan eating the snow....by far his most favorite activity. At one point, he had fallen on his bum and couldn't/didn't-want-to get back up, so he sat there and ate snow for a while.

Logan looking all smiley. Could be that he had just barely gone outside.

Owen also eating the snow....is that just a boy thing? Notice the snow piled up on the BBQ and chair...it's up to the bottom of the car in the background.

Just couldn't resist showing you this happy little face. Look at those rosy cheeks! And gloves covered in snow. He was having a blast and stayed outside the longest of the 3.
Here is Logan and Owen having a "snowball" fight. Really they would just pick up a handful of snow and chuck it at the other one....most of the time not hitting anything.

The boys had lots of fun playing in the snow that fell this morning. It got probably 4-5 inches deep...deep enough that Evan was having trouble walking. They spent about 20ish minutes outside. Then they came in for Noodle Soup (Ramen) and Chicken Nuggets to warm up.

Unfortunately, for these guys it warmed up in the late afternoon/evening and instead of snow we got rain. Who know what it will look like in the backyard tomorrow. At least they got to enjoy some snow today.

2 comments:

Bird is the Word said...

FUN! Matt is LOVING the rain we got here in Cali last night! It will lead to nice snow in the Mtns... snowboarding fun!!~~
I however am looking forward to the 70 degree weather on the cruise... I think I am smarter! haha! The kids look CUTE!!~~

Lindsey and Jared said...

Your boys are so cute Tiff! I don't miss the snow, but I would love to meet your little guys :)