Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I am SEW awesome

So I decided for Christmas this year I would hand-make some of the presents. After searching through countless blogs for fun ideas, I settled on two: an apron for my nieces (and perhaps a chef's hat...if I can find the time between now and Friday at 3pm) and a car caddy for my nephews. Here is how they turned out....freaking adorable and I made them all by myself...well, with a little bit of help from my Singer Sewing Machine.

The aprons are child-sized and reversible. Notice the adorable pocket on the front.

The front of just one.

Here are both car caddies. One "buckled" and the other one undone.

Closer look at the front while closed.

Here he is open.
Notice the 6 "stalls" for parking your Hotwheel cars and the two lane road ready for driving.
Just fold him back up and throw in your bag for traveling.

Now that I have both aprons and car caddies complete, I'm done with my nieces and nephews for Christmas (unless I find some time to make matching a matching chef's hat...But then again, it may just be pushed back as a birthday present...perhaps with some cooking tools....we'll see how cleaning, packing and weeding go before Friday)

How awesome is that? Plus, I am delivering Hailey and Landon's so I don't need to pay to ship them. (Katelyn and John live local. They will probably go under my tree so I can see their faces when they open them.) This is such a wonderful feeling.

Now I just need to make 3 more caddies for my boys for Christmas and find an adorable bigger apron pattern for Kim and I, to use up all the extra fabric I bought.

2 comments:

Lindsey and Jared said...

I LOVE the aprons!!! How long are you going to be in Sac? I would love to see you and meet the two newest kiddos!

XOXO

Bird is the Word said...

SEW cute! The pictures do not do them justice... they are SEW SEW CUTE!! Thanks! I will wrap them.... someday...