Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Little Miss Helper and Mr Big Boy

It has been a huge blessing having Kim home for the summer. She is so good to play with her brothers and let them watch movies in her room. She helps change pee diapers and watch Evan so I can get laundry folded or dinner cooked or even just a shower.

Yesterday, she went above and beyond her call of duty. Owen has been pulling at his diaper and trying to take it off a lot lately. It is driving me nuts! How do you explain to a two year old that he can't just play with himself all day long. I didn't have this problem with Logan and am about at my wit's end...anyway....

So yesterday, Owen was pulling at his diaper and says "Pop-ee". Kim asked if he wanted to sit on the potty. He nodded his head and ran off to the bathroom. I was feeding Evan, so I couldn't get up at that moment. Kim hopped off the couch and went to assist.

We still have our books in there from when we were potty training Logan, so Kim decided to read to him. Here they are with the ABC book.


Owen telling Kim it's time for another book. (Or perhaps play the music from the Tinkerbell snow globe that is part of my decorations.)


Now they are reading the Potty Book.


He sat on the potty two times. The first time, he actually went pee on the potty. Which culminated in calling daddy with to good news, lots of excitement and a special treat of marshmallows. Yea! My little boy is getting one step closer to potty training. Nothing happened the second time, but it is progress.


Perhaps with Kim home for the summer, she can get him going consistently. How awesome would that be!?! That would definitely mean some REALLY great treat for a wonderful big sister. Suggestions?

1 comment:

Bird is the Word said...

haha! Do you LOVE the monkey outfits we got for all the kids or WHAT?? You are welcome I helped pick them out... anywho... that is SO cool! I wish Hailey could do that with Landon, because we all know she WON'T because she can't do it for herself!! HAHA! I hate potty training so if Kim gets him potty trained you better let HER pick the prize!! WAY TO GO KIM!!