My adorable little man turned two! Here he is telling you how old he is. Notice he uses the pointer finger and thumb for two. Occasionally he will use the pointer finger on both hands for two.

It is amazing how quickly the time goes by and how fast they grow. For those of you who don't live close-by...here is a description of my little man.
Physically, he is into everything ALL THE TIME and he has just recently learned how to open doors. (Which is why we now have a lock on the pantry to keep him from eating ALL day long.) He know almost all the letters of the alphabet. He know some of the animals and their sounds, even though frequently all animals say "Moo". He loves to read books and watch movies. Currently he is obsessed with Toy Story, garbage trucks, dinosaurs and Little Einsteins. He is quite possibly the cutest dancer.
Some times I wonder if he is bi-polar or something. He goes from happy to cranky to mad back to happy in the blink of an eye. Notice from these pics I took in quick succession. I was trying to get an adorable pic of him in the "Baseball Birthday Boy" shirt to post. I pointed the camera at him and told him to smile. He said, "no" and I got this:

Then, I say "Come on. I need a cute pic for grandma." and this is what I got...His "do-I-look-like-I-care" face"

Then, I said, "Let's get a good picture for grandma and then you can have your cake." So this is what I get....isn't he just too cute.

Then when he realizes I am not immediately getting him his piece of cake I get this look...the one we call "Stank Face"....trust me, I see this one MANY, MANY times a day:

Anyways....For his birthday this year, we kept it low key. Just the immediate family (because I forgot to call and invite the Richardsons, yeah, I suck.).
We had pizza for dinner at Owen's request. Gotta love Little Cesars $5 pizza. We only need 2 to feed our family for dinner and leftovers for lunch. Here he is loving that pizza. (Check out those ripped abs and happy grin.)

I made a cake and frosted it. Logan and Owen helped put on the sprinkles. (I was too tired to make it into a garbage truck like I'd wanted to...maybe a little too lazy also, but he still loved his "Happy Cake".)

Here he is digging into his cake after blowing out the candles.

After cake, off to open presents. He loves to tear open the packages. He cried on Logan's birthday when Logan wouldn't let him help open the presents. Here he is opening his present from The Birds. (Yep, we had to read the book that night at bedtime and the onesie is awesome...

He he is admiring Curious George 2 from Grandma and Grandpa Andersen....and yes, we've watched it LOTS of times.

By far, his favorite present was also the least expensive. He immediately fell in love with the garbage truck Matchbox car Kim got for him. (He was running around so excited, I wasn't able to get a pic of him with it.) Go figure, $1.04 was the best money spent in his eyes.
Thanks for all the presents and cards. All in all, it was a fun birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment