Back by popular demand.....some of my favorites.
My favorite book of 2012 (it also ranked #1 last year. And honestly, I don't see a contender to take this top spot anytime soon):
I managed to sneak in a 3rd reading of The Book of Mormon in 2012 by starting it all over again immediately after I finished in Mid-November. I learn more and more each time I read it.
My favorite book series of 2012:
Ok, so that I just a picture of the 1st book in The Walk series. It is followed by Miles to Go. Then comes The Road to Grace. My SIL (thanks, Neelie) recommended this series and I couldn't have loved it more. The premise of taking off and walking sounds really good sometimes. It also has a great spiritual undertone which caused me to experience many "Aha" moments while reading. I'm not sure I'll survive waiting for book #4 to come out this upcoming spring...
My favorite new author:
Tamera Alexander. I've devoured all but one of her books that are currently in print. (And I'd have that one done also but I'm in the "hold" Que the library) Most of her stories are set in Old West-y Colorado. The people have flaws and learn to deal with them. There is always a sweet love story intertwined but without all the yucky "R" rated parts. Love her writing style!
Not all of these books would be considered suitable for teens (or even some of you adults). Contact me to see if I'd suggest it for your reading pleasure.
*All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
*The Road to Grace by Richard Paul Evans
*Miles to Go by Richard Paul Evans
*America's Cheapest Family gets you Right on the Money by Steve Economides
*Hideaway by Hannah Alexander
*Reached by Ally Condie
*The House That Cleans Itself by Mindy Starns Clark
*The Book of Mormon (again)
*The Inheritance by Tamera Alexander
*The Walk by Richard Paul Evans
*Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
*Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
*The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
*Survial Mom by Lisa Bedford
*The Presidents Club by Nancy Gibbs and Michael Duffy
*Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson
*Remembered by Tamera Alexander
*Revealed by Tamera Alexander
*Rekindled by Tamera Alexander
*A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander
*The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
*From A Distance by Tamera Alexander
*Within My Heart by Tamera Alexander
*The Wedding Kiss by Hannah Alexander
*Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult
*The Nazi Officer's Wife by Edith Hahn Beer
*Crossed by Ally Condie
*Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber
*Baby Catcher by Peggy Vincent
*The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
*Beyond This Moment by Tamera Alexander
*The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey
*Matched by Ally Condie
*The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
*Till Death do us Part by Robi Ludwig
*The House of the Wind by Titania Hardie
*Breaking the Code by Karen Fisher-Alaniz
*The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
*Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
*Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
*Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
*The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
*Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke
*The Book of Mormon
*The Midwife by Jennifer Worth
*A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin
*Perfect by Judith McNaught
*A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
*Growing Up by Brad Wilcox
*Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
*Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
*Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
*Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
*James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
*Washington Square by Henry James
*Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks


No comments:
Post a Comment