Thursday, July 7, 2011

Slacker

It's been a while since I've posted...I'm such a slacker and rather busy. So catch up is in order. What has happened since I last posted....(Warning. This post is kinda long...)

**Kim went to Girl's Camp from June 14th - 17th and had a blast. It was stake camp this year. The theme was testimonies. She said that she had lots of fun. No pics, because she was so NOT taking my digital camera. We sent along a point-and-shoot camera. One day the pics will get developed.

**On the 15th, Logan celebrated his 5th birthday. It is amazing how the time is just flying by. He will be starting Kindergarten in August and I can't believe it. He is so ready! My 1st born boy is just so amazing to me. He is genuinely a happy kid. Doesn't this pic just say it all...


Isn't that cheesy grin to die for. Every time I tell him to smile, I get that. He is so eager about everything in life. He is so eager to learn. He has been reading and spelling for a couple years now. He is learning his math facts and putting using them in practical applications. For his birthday, he got 5 one dollar bills from the Birds. (To which he commented, "Mom, I think Melissa sent me $5 because I turned 5 today.") He counted each as he folded it and put it in his new piggy bank (Also from the Birds.) He got some more money from Grandma Ray and quickly added the two sums together to announce his grand total. He loves to dance. He loves to laugh. He loves to sort laundry. He loves to read. He loves to cuddle up on my lap and snuggle with me. He loves to make up songs and stories. He walks around the house with the mini-Children's Songbook singing Primary songs for hours on end. He loves the computer, especially the educational games. I don't know if that child will ever get tired of learning...such a wonderful blessing.

Here he is cheesing for the camera. (Not sure what gang sign he is throwing out, but if he's the ring leader I wouldn't mind joining.)


**Next up, on the 17th of June Steven and I enjoyed out 6th wedding anniversary. Wow, how has time flown. I'd post a wedding pic, but they are upstairs on the other computer and I'd hate to wake Steven up...maybe I'll remember tomorrow because I have some really cute ones.

Just to show what a wonderful man I'm married to...guess what we had planned for our anniversary....You'll never guess, so I'll just tell you. We were going to go to the church cannery and can 26 cases worth of food. Exactly what you'd like to do on our anniversary, right? I think not, but I have wanted to go for months and wanted to go with Steven so he could help. With him already having the day off work I floated the idea of going then, fully anticipating he would balk. Instead, he agreed to go because he knew it was something I really wanted to do and he didn't care so long as he got to spend time with me. Isn't that just awesome...now you see a little of the reason I married him. Turns out, they were doing inventory that day, so after driving all the way over there they were closed. Oh well, we will just go another day. (Hopefully soon...)

To complete my wonderful day, he let me relax and watch "Glee" and "Yes to the Dress" on Netflix as he cooked us the greatest dinner from scratch....Beef Wellington, Twice Baked Potatoes, Honey-glazed Carrots and Green Beans, Fried Zucchini and Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries with Strawberry Sorbet for dessert. It was delicious! I couldn't ask for a greater man to spend Eternity with....I really couldn't!

**June 20th, we flew my mom into town. She watched our kids while Steven and I took a little vacation getaway (the one we had planned for our 5th anniversary until a surprise baby decided to show up and nix that plan). After much debate, we decided to go over to Twin Falls. Not too far, some stuff to do and a temple in town to take advantage of...well, except the temple was closed for cleaning the whole time we were there...Oh well, we still had lots of fun checking out antique shops and the planetarium and going mini golfing.

Here we are at the Twin Falls temple. We figured we would probably get some sort of blessings for making an attempt to attend the temple. The grounds were beautiful of course, and it was nice to reflect on the day we got married.


For something to do, we decided to "hike" to Shoshone Falls. Um...wasn't a hike at all. At first we ended up on the wrong side of the falls...thanks google maps...but it was pretty all the same. The view from the North side of the falls.


Here we are with the river leading up to the falls it the background. Don't we look happy!?! We really, really are!


Here we are on the South side of the falls. (The touristy side.) If you follow where my finger is pointing, that's about were we were for that last pic...see how much google maps sucks sometimes...But it was kinda fun seeing the falls from a different view.


Ah, the view of the south side of the falls. We spent some time reading the plaques (which I enjoyed, Steven probably just tolerated it for my sake) and talked about the wonder that is this awesome Earth we live on...The trip was fun and a chance to relax, slow down and enjoy some life without the constant demands of kids....something we haven't had in our whole marriage. (Remember, Kim was 6 when we got married and if you can do math, you probably figured out that Logan was born 2 days shy of our 1st wedding anniversary.)

I think we realized just how much we love each other, our kids and well....our lives. It was wonderful...and a big thanks to Grandma Andersen for holding down the fort. Mom stayed a few more days and helped me with some sewing projects around the house (pics to come soon) and we had lots of fun chatting and shopping.

So far this summer has been great! Looking forward to more fun to come.

4 comments:

Lindsey and Jared said...

AH! Kim is old enough for Girl's Camp??? You are killin' me! :)

I am so glad that things are going well for your family and that you got a chance to "get away" for your anniversary!

XOXO

Bird is the Word said...

LOVE the pictures of the Falls! SO pretty! Another year down... eternity to go right?

Lisa Andersen said...

LOVE IT whem we get to read your new posts it keeps me up on things; but I guess I already knew all about this one!! HAHA!!
Love Ya,
Mom

The David Rays said...

Well ya sure make it difficult for a gal to try to be content in Arizona with pictures like that! You're killing me Tiff!