Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wedding Pics

I know it's been a while since I promised wedding pics. I've been busy/working/lazy/sick. I had some great memories looking through our pics. It was such a wonderful day...I wish I remembered it with more detail. I just remember the warm, glowy feeling it gave (and still does give) me....Here they are enjoy!

This one is my all time favorite. It was one of the first ones taken and I could have been perfectly happy stopping here....plus then I wouldn't have gotten all sunburnt.
My sexy hubby. Doesn't he look all GQ?

Here I am in my dress. 6 years, 3 kids and 20 lbs ago...
Since watching Say yes to the dress, I wish I could wear it again. Semi-unfortunately it is now professionally cleaned and preserved in a box I can look at it, but not wear it. I told Steven I might just have to buy one at a thrift store for those occasional urges. I'm a dork...oh well.


The fountain and lush landscaping at the Oakland temple. Check out those clouds....it was sprinkling on the way to the temple and I almost started crying, but the weather was perfect...not a drop while we were there.


Check out all that beautiful landscaping and the temple in the background...this is the opposite side of the temple grounds from the last pic.

I remember saying to Steven about this point, "Think we will be done soon? My face is getting tired from all this smiling..." Standing on one of the bridges...Those palm trees look awesome at Christmas all decked out with lights.


The wedding cake. My mom and grandma made this fondant creation...their very first one. I know you can't see it too well, it has our initials "SRT" and little hearts. Don't tell my mom I told you this, but there were only 2 pics taken of the cake, this one and one of us cutting it...because the layers shifted in driving it over to the church and my mom and grandma touched it up and said to the photographer to take a picture only from this view so you couldn't see the leaning or cracks in the fondant. (Oh, dang...my mom reads this blog....Mom the cake looked perfect! Promise! I was/am totally thrilled with how it turned out!)


Okay, you talked me into it...Here is the other pic. Notice the slight leaning...To be perfectly honest, I didn't notice a thing was wrong until someone told me. And it didn't look bad at all...the master cakemakers covered it up perfectly.


Our first dance.


My lovely flowers. Rory, a lady in my family's ward does flowers....like gorgeous arrangements and on a budget. She is a miracle worker. This was my temple/tossing bouquet.


A couple in black and white. Check out the view of Oakland in the background. This one is from the observation deck of the temple.


Ah, kissing...I really like this one too.


The wedding party...My bro-in-law Matt, Steven's brothers Adam, David and Aaron, my best friends Jacosa and Jessica, and my sisters Nicole and Melissa...Once again, check out those awesome flowers. And yes I know I'm sitting weird...I had a corset on and had to remain fairly straight up. The thing that kills me is how young everyone looks...


I hope you enjoyed that little trip down memory lane with me.

THE END.

1 comment:

Bird is the Word said...

LOVE the pictures! So fun to look back at huh? But so NOT mom and grandma's first fondant cake... MINE WAS... hahaha!!