Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Evan!

Here I was a year ago today....the proud mother of my 4th child. My precious 3rd little boy. My last baby. (Luckily, I'm not that fat anymore...but because I'm still "nursing" I am still fat.)


Not too happy to be away from mom. (I guess things haven't changed too much.)


A close up of that adorable, fat little, smooshie face.


Fast forward to the present day...My little man turned 1 yesterday! It has been a bittersweet occasion for me. While I'm excited that he is growing and developing, I'm sad that my last little baby isn't a baby anymore. Tell me that isn't the cutest 1 year old...I dare you!


Steven took the day off work to celebrate. The day started off with cinnamon rolls for breakfast, along with a big cup of whole milk...which he slowing liking more and more. Then off for pictures and some shopping. Then his free Iceberg birthday milkshake...sure, Steven and I are eating most of it, but he will get a little. Nikki and the kids came over for dinner, dessert and presents...

Here is Evan with the traditional 1st birthday pizza dinner.

Here is Steven's "artist interpretation" (which means setting the camera on the table and taking pictures "lazy man" style) of Evan eating dinner. Look at that intensity...


Here is Evan mad that the pizza is gone and dad is taking way too long decorating his cake...So he decided to play with the table cloth.


Ah, finally the cake is here. He didn't waste any time before diggin' in...


Remember the other boys and their 1st birthday candle? (Logan touched the flame, burnt himself and cried. Owen touched the flame, didn't care and moved onto the cake.) Evan dug into the cake covering his fingers in frosting and then used them to extinguish the candle. Such a smart little boy!


Double fistin' the cake...first the right....


Then the left...


Then a good smooshin' handful...


The cake is now gone...what do you have for me now?


Oh, yeah...the red velvet cake ice cream (yes, Neelie...you heard me right.) OH...so delicious! Highly recommend it. Blue Bunny brand.


On to the fun part...opening presents. Here he is unwrapping the race car from mom and dad.


Then the "wheelie" cars from Logan and Owen. Notice the ramp box in the back...surely the best toy of the day since all the kids were climbing over each other to play with it. (Don't say anything, it might embarrass her, but I even caught Kim playing with it earlier today.)


Here are all the kids crowding around the birthday boy wanting to hand him presents or help open them. (John, Logan, Owen and Evan are checking out the cars...Katelyn looking at her present a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD...which BTW, we watched last night and AGAIN today.)


Here is Evan enjoying his present from Kimmy. A Squeaker, I mean Rattle...don't ask.

Thanks for all the presents. Thanks to the Richardsons for coming over and celebrating with with us. (Plus watching my little bedlam-ities, so Steven and I could step out for a little while during nap time.) It was a wonderful day for all!

Happy Birthday my Sweet Baby Boy!

3 comments:

daveandlisa said...

He's so adorable! Happy Birthday Evan!

Bird is the Word said...

OHHHH smooshie! My nephews are SO adorable! I just want to kiss him all over, but luckily for him Auntie Melissa is FAR FAR AWAY... So his present is right here... I actually remembered it was his birthday so I finished it ON his birthday! :) Check out my blog for the final product... HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET EVAN!!

The David Rays said...

I still can't believe he is 1!!!! when did i blink?
p.s. Im salivating over the ice cream!!
Take care of my Idaho. :(