Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Everyday Love

Have you ever finished reading a book or watching a movie and wonder "why isn't my life like that?" You know the kind where the man and woman in the movie just realize that they are in love and nothing goes wrong. Or when it does they laugh and fix it.

I got thinking today while polishing off "The Guardian" a book where the man and woman who have been friends for years realize they do love each other and spend everyday going on dates and traipsing around with no worries in the world....why can't real life me like that? There are too many things to do...laundry, dishes, poopy diapers, bedtimes, work, primary lessons and sharing times, toys to pick up, bills to pay...the list goes on and on.

Then I got thinking about my life and realizing I'm pretty lucky. My hubby gets home from work today dragging the garbage cans up the drive. He comes in and asks what is for dinner. I'm playing the Wii with Logan and say I was planning on Pork Stir-Fry. He immediately gets to work cutting up the pork I'd defrosted and cooking dinner. I finish the game with Logan and head in to start rice.

Both boys follow me into the kitchen and as dinner is going Steven proceeds to chase them around the island tickling them. He laughs like he doesn't have a care in the world. It is then that it hits me...my life is so much better than the movies. I have a hubby who loves me and our children more than anything else on this earth. I have a great little house to live in and food on the table. I get to put my kids to bed every night and know that they will be there in the morning. I get to snuggle in bed with my personal space heater on these chilly Idaho nights. I hear my husband tell me he loves me EVERY SINGLE DAY! And every time I look into his eyes, I know without him even needing to speak the words how much he really does love me and our kids.

It makes me think of that Phil Vasser song, Just another day in paradise. The chorus goes: "Well, there's no place that I'd rather be
Well, it's two hearts And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night
For just another day in paradise"

As nice as it would be not having to worry about all those stupid things that happen in real life, I know that I wouldn't trade them for anything else. Not even a place in the movies.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

This is such a great post, I loved reading it. And I also needed to hear it, because we really are so blessed!!

daveandlisa said...

Awwww, how sweet!Miss you guys! It was great seeing your husband and your littlest guy a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe how big Owen has gotten since we last saw him, yet at the same time how tiny he is. He's so cute!

Bird is the Word said...

I think we need to see those "gay" things in the books and movies to realize we do have it great! It is sad that people REALLY expect the PERFET Hollywood Life... I am thankful for the gosple that shows us what the perfect life really is like! LOVE IT!

The David Rays said...

Thanks for the perspective Tiff. You are awesome! Wish we lived closer. :)