Monday, February 8, 2010

Momma said "There would be days like this...."

Do you ever have a day that you just want to throw up your hands, shake your head and walk out the front door to never return again? Well, today was almost that day for me.

Don't get me wrong....I love my children. They are my world and quite frankly....the reason I climb out of bed in the morning. But today....they almost didn't survive.

I realized this blog would get really, really long if I walked you through my day....so you will get the Reader's Digest version.

The above pictured child decided that after keeping his pull-up dry all night long that it would be a great idea to have not one, but TWO accidents today. The first involving him standing spread eagle (well, as much as a little boy can given his "parts") and letting it all drip onto my kitchen floor. The second occasion was after his nap and after the discussion that we go pee on the potty and not the floor. ARGH!

The next occurance of the day was committed by this adorable boy pictured above. (That is him doing his "smooshy face.") I admit he is totally adorable, which is probably the only thing that saved him after this......This is my 1000 piece puzzle that I have been working on for a couple weeks. These are the pieces I had all connected together and had to scoop off the floor were they had been savagely ripped apart. I had managed to successfully keep the puzzle out of his hands until today by only working on it during nap or after he had gone to bed and hiding it underneath the couch in the living room where the children don't play. Now I must start ALL OVER.

Lastly, but not least, this attractive young girl got sent to her room this evening. She has the simple task of wiping down the table after dinner and sweeping the floor. (Keep in mind we just caught a mouse in our house Saturday night and need to keep food off the floor.) She was sweeping, decided she was done and put the broom away. Steven told her there was still a bunch of crumbs on the floor. She does the eye-rolling, heavy-sigh and gets the broom. After several minutes of pushing the broom around the floor I tell her to actually put some pressure on the broom and sweep. She gets exasperated and moans. At which point I break and tell her to go to her room and not come down until her attitude is gone. (We ended up having to send Logan to retrieve her so we could start FHE so I guess we are heading straight into those teenage years.)

AHHHHHHHHH.....this was a horrible day. Hopefully tomorrow is much better. Normally my kids are great and I have few problems. I don't know what got into them today. I guess I'd better go sweep the floor since Kim never finished. I don't want anymore more mice in my house!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, that SUCKS about your puzzle. I would be way frustrated too, and I would have probably lost it.
I have discovered that blogging about frustrating situations helps me feel a little better about stuff... venting, and all.
Hope tomorrow goes better! You are doing great being preggo with 3 kids - don't be too hard on yourself when you have a bad day. Good job girl!

Bird is the Word said...

Ditto on Kristens reply! My snot face children are lucky they are alive most days of their life! ~:)