Sunday, January 18, 2015

Books read in 2014

In the 2014 I managed to read 52 books, sadly I'm a little down from last year, but since my school work was a little more time intensive I'm not too surprised. Overall, an average of 1 book a week isn't too horrible, but in reality, it normally took me well over a week to finish the average book and during school breaks I would binge a bit. 

My favorite book series:













The Mazerunner -- Super fast paced, had my heart pounding and me flipping pages as quickly as I could to see what would happen next. Read The Kill Order (the prequel) after you read the trilogy. 


My favorite (new-to-me) author: 



















Sarah M. Eden -- Awesome LDS author who created loveable and relatable characters. I have a couple other of her books in my stack to read or ready to be requested from the library. 


Here's the list of everything I managed to make it through during 2014. Since I've been on a historical / Christian / love-story binge, most of these titles are pretty clean. If you are wondering if I'd recommend it, shoot me a message and I'll try to recall it as well as I can. 

*The Book of Mormon
*Twice a Bride by Mona Hodgson
*Food Storage for Self-Sufficiency and Survival by Angela Paskett
*The Bridegrooms by Allison Pittman
*Love on the Line by Deeanne Gist
*The Kill Order by James Dashner
*The Death Cure by James Dashner
*Hope Springs by Sarah M. Eden
*Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
*The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
*The Giver by Lois Lowry
*The Quarryman's Bride by Tracie Peterson
*Longing for Home by Sarah M. Eden
*The Other Mother by Gwendolen Gross
*Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
*The Maze Runner by James Dashner
*Labor of Love by Cara Muhlhahn
*Deep in the Heart of Trouble by Deeann Gist
*The Messenger by Siri Mitchell
*Words Spoken True by Ann H. Gabhart
*This is my Daughter by Roxana Robinson
*This Golden Land by Barbara Wood
*Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
*The Poisoner's Handbook by Deborah Blum
*The Help by Kathryn Stockett
*The Center of Everything by Laura Moriarty
*The Midwife by Jolina Petersheim
*The Outsider by Ann H. Gabhart
*A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist
*Love's Pursuit by Siri Mitchell
*City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
*The World's Strongest Librarian by John Hanagarne
*River of Mercy by BJ Hoff
*Where Grace Abides by BJ Hoff
*Rachel's Secret by BJ Hoff
*Walking on Water by Richard Paul Evans
*The Girl in the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen
*Nicolae by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins
*The Birth House by Ami McKay
*Safe Passage by Carla Kelly
*The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
*Whistling in the Dark by Lesley Kagen
*Tribulation Force by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins
*City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
*A Clearing in the Wild by Jane Kirkpatrick
*The Fault in our Stars by John Green
*City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
*Because He First Loved Us by Henry B. Eyring
*Morning Glory by Sarah Jio
*The Wind Harp by B.J. Hoff
*The Song Weaver by B.J. Hoff
*City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

No comments: