My mom has been giving me a hard time because I haven't posted in a while. Well, I have 4 kids and all the craziness that entails. To keep myself grounded, I think to myself...if they had blogs back in the day when I was a kid, my mom wouldn't have gotten anything posted more than twice a year...and I feel a little better.
So what have we been up to since I last posted? A LOT! Here is a photo recap. (And honestly, if I don't have a photo I probably won't remember it happened.)
There was Easter with egg decorating...
Then April 20th, sweet baby turned 2! He's so stinking cute. Every time I ask him, "Who's my big boy?" He responds in his adorable little voice "No, baby" and gives me the sweetest little smile. I think he knows I need him to continue being my baby.
Then there was Mother's Day. No pics there either because my children value their lives too much. But my husband started the day with Belgian waffles (from a recipe, not a box) and ended it with a French Dip Sandwich buffet complete with Boston Creme Pie for dessert.
Logan graduated from Kindergarten...Sorry guys, no picture of that one. And yes, I know I'm a sucky mom who forgot to take the camera. Thank goodness he is a boy and will forgive me one day. In fact, I don't think he even cares at all...maybe just in case, I'll ask his best friend's mom if she got any good ones I could steal :)
I did however manage to get a picture of the last day of school present for his teacher. It's a cup insulator sleeve. Inside is a giftcard to Starbucks and a matching lanyard. The tag on top says "Thanks a 'Latte' for all you do!" Pinterest is wonderful!
Logan started T-Ball. Steven is an assistant coach. They are having lots of fun and Logan isn't quite as afraid of the ball as he used to be. We're hoping maybe Grandpa and Preston could help some in that arena when we visit. And nope, we didn't get to pick the team...if I could, he would have been a Pirate. Then we could go to all the games in eye patches and yell "ARGH!" You know I would.
We cleaned out and organized the pantry. I had a lot of food shoved on those shelves...So much that I made Steven take a picture. He gave me a weird look and then followed my instruction. I think he might have been secretly afraid if he didn't listen I'd leave him to clean it all himself....My island, dining room table and all counter tops were full of food. We finally had to start stacking it on the floor....at least we are well on the way to a 3 month supply of food!
We got Owen potty trained! He had accidents for only 3 days before he got the hang of it. 3 kids down and only 1 more to go.
Notice the blue tarp on the floor...I know, a little Whiskey-Tango, but better than cleaning pee out of the carpet. Doesn't he look so happy in his plastic chair...he didn't get to sit on the couch until he mastered the potty.
Last Friday, Logan turned 6. Here he is opening his RC Monster Truck.
Then there was Father's Day combined with my 7th Wedding Anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long! And it also seems like it's been an eternity. But all the above craziness was made possible on that memorable day....
So that is what you missed. Along with many days of working...cleaning...laundry....baby showers....out-of-town visitors....
It's been a great couple of months. Hopefully with my loose-y goose-y planned summer there will be much more blogging fun.
1 comment:
Don't hate on mom for wanting to know more about what is going on!! haha! Thanks for the recap! YEAH On the potty training... i would say that is the best because buying less diapers is AMAZING... :) you forgot stevens birthday and fathers day... just sayin'... :)
Post a Comment