I had to work this morning. Which means, I needed to take a shower. To allay your fears, I do take a shower every day, but on work days I need to do it early in the morning while the children eat breakfast and watch TV. Sounds simple enough...have you met my children? Most specifically the middle one? He goes by the name Owen, which is frequently and immediately followed by his middle and last name since he is in trouble for one thing or another....
I'm upstairs taking a shower. I'm thinking all is going well because I can't hear a stool being pushed along the floor to get into the pantry. Guess I wasn't listening well enough. I walk into the kitchen and see this....
Hmmmm....don't remember the floor being that messy when I went upstairs. Knowing I need to leave for work in about 5 minutes I quickly investigate. Here is what I find inside the pantry...
Here is what I find leading away from the pantry...
Little blue footprints leading away from the massacre.
A view of the mess from inside the pantry...
Being the dutiful employee that I am, I yell at the children to get into the car and vow to deal with it when I get home. (Of course all of the pics were taken after I got off work and took Logan to school....)
A picture of the culprit.....caught blue handed. Also with a few smears on his face. Doesn't he look too happy for someone about to be killed?
Splotches of blue on the top of his feet...don't worry, those also continued upward onto his khaki pants...
The vile culprits of the footprints left on the linoleum...oh and a few prints on the carpet too.
Put little man on the side of the bathtub and washed off as much as I could. Then he went straight to naptime. He is still a lovely shade of blue. Good thing it's nice and sunny outside, because if he got frostbite there would be no way to tell.
After much scrubbing and silent "Mormon-approved" cursing it looks like this. Mostly clean with a slight blue twinge. There are still some spots on a couple things, but I don't really care that much. Just in case you were wondering, Clorox wipes work very well at getting blue food coloring off your floor. Along with a couple wet and dry paper towels...
My one word of advice to you....don't let your child play with food coloring unsupervised. Keep it under lock and key...
Oh, and when your child does play with food coloring upsupervised....wear gloves to clean up the mess. Or you wind up looking remarkably like your child.....BLUE!
5 comments:
Oh Tiff! The pics say it all. As I told you this morning, "smurf is the new black"! You will be making a bold new fashion statement! Supposedly "they" say we are gonna miss these days! "They"...whoever "they" are. I totally want their job...sit around and make stuff up! Thanks for the laughs!
just in time for the 'festival of colors' if you've heard of that-- ? hahaha... We miss you guys! this is the sort of thing our boys should be getting in to together! We're liking ogden though, and we're about to buy a house! with a huge garden! and we'll try living in one spot for longer than a year! come visit us sometime!!
haha! Had you told this story without incriminating anyone I TOTALLY could have guessed who did it! LOL!~
If it makes you feel better I didn't see any blue on the floor when we came over on Sunday. At least it was only one kid, both my kids would have been into it and it would have been a way bigger mess!
Oh that's funny. What a priceless memory to have documented.
Post a Comment