Friday, December 30, 2011

Twin Falls Trip

Back in September, my best friend Tamera proposed a trip out to the Twin Falls temple during Christmas break. (Since the Boise temple is currently closed for renovations that is the one closest to us.) We figured it would be fun for the adults to do an endowment session and the teenagers could do baptisms. Due to the fact that it's a 2 hour drive each way we figured it would be fun to make it an over-night trip and get hotel rooms. Party time!

So I got online and booked us a room at the La Quinta (where Steven and I stayed on our little trip in June) and got excited. Steven and I got a few working hours in that morning and headed out...getting there about the same time as the McEntires. We got all checked into the hotel and moved luggage in. I quickly got changed to head over to the temple for our 4pm endowment session.

While I was gone (Steven decided to stay behind and watch all the kids), here are the pics obtained: Logan hanging out with his great buddy Quinn probably playing his DS and Alex reading.


Here is Owen and Evan wrestling with Gus. Such a cute little bundle of boys!


Once the adults returned, it was time for dinner and swimming. Notice the pizza sauce on Evan's pizza...and yes, Grandma they love their new trunks!


After some fun swimming, it as time to hit the sack. We decided to hit the temple with the kids the next morning at 5:30am to get in and out quickly. The plan worked like a charm. We got there shortly after 5am and got in the car to head back to the hotel before 6:30. It was Quinn and Kim's first time doing baptisms. Here are the rather cheerful kids in front of the temple doors....don't forget to ask Kim about the 3 times she slipped getting to and from the temple. She'd love to tell you all about it....


When Kim and I got back to the hotel, Logan was still sleeping and the little boys were still tired, so we laid back down for some rest before heading down for breakfast. Once we were ready to eat we headed down to the complimentary breakfast of waffles, eggs, potatoes, juice, hot chocolate and pastries....oh, so yummy.

After breakfast, the McEntires decided to head home. I wanting to make the most of our hotel room, promptly decided to get back into bed and take a nap. With check-out time looming, I drug myself out of bed (did I mention I'd gotten woken up at 3:30am by a climbing Evan) and got everything all packed up and out to the car (with some help from my wonderful hubby).

We took the kids over to see the temple. Here they are in front of the sign.


Here they are pointing up to Angel Moroni.


And here I am with my wonderful hubby.


After the temple we hit up some KFC for lunch and went to see "Santa Snork saves the Seasons" over at the CSI planetarium. (Which I highly recommend checking out if you're ever in Twin Falls looking for something to do.) The kids all got to pick a toy from the gift shop and we headed home...

A wonderful little mini-vacation. Full of spiritual renewal and relaxation. Doesn't get much better than that!

2 comments:

BKA said...

What a great little vacation!
It's also nice to know that everyone is keeping the commandments... :-)

Bird is the Word said...

NICE! How cute! That would be a great vacation! And the breakfast sounds SO yummy right now... I might be hungry! LOVE IT! ~ The picture of you and Steven is SUPER cute!~