Sorry I haven't been around much these last couple weeks...with me starting work, then the vomiting, then the diarrhea and now The Hunger Games trilogy I haven't found the time to blog.
Recap:
Work is going good. (Aside from my 1st day when I accidentally dropped Evan on his head. Ok, I should explain...I had set Evan down thinking he would play while I held one of the kids I was watching. Evan decided he wanted me to hold him. I picked him up with my free arm and he decided to wiggle half-way up and I lost hold of him and he fell straight onto his forehead on the floor. No goose-egg luckily, just a minor rug burn mark. But he screamed for the last 2 hours of my shift.) Things are slow during my shift, I averaged 3 kids (besides my own) for the 4 hours I'm there...but I can't complain about getting paid to watch my own kids.
The kids came down with the flu...First Evan, then Owen, then Kim. Vomiting. Diarrhea. It was lots of fun. Diaper supplies are starting to run low. My washing machine was ready to go on strike from all the extra loads. Luckily they are all healthy and back to normal.
I got a root canal. My tooth (#19 for anyone who cares/knows which that is) started hurting Friday evening (the 4th) but I pushed it to the back burning since I we were in full poop-y battle mode. Finally on Tuesday night when I needed a Vicodin just to take the edge off to sleep I called the dentist. They got me in the next afternoon, but we couldn't pin-point the tooth so he sent me to an endodontist. We figured out what tooth it probably was about 5:30pm (after their normal closing time) and they couldn't get me in until Friday morning. I was sent away and hoped the Vicodin would tide me over. Come Friday morning my tooth was howling and I was ready to yank it out with pliers myself. When all was said and done, at least one of the nerves was necrotic and I'm on antibiotics and the dang thing still aches.
At least I had a good Valentines day. Worked the morning (which was busier, but I had a co-worker to talk to and I got out before lunch/nap time) so it was awesome. The children behaved pretty good and I got Iceberg for dinner....oh yeah...double cheeseburger, onion rings and chocolate chip cookie dough milkshake (which I'm currently finishing since it's do danged HUGE). My hubby got me a pair of princess cut diamond earrings and Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Splendid.
Hopefully now that my life is getting back to normal I can get back to my witty and zany postings I know you all were missing....well that is until Mockingjay arrives at my library and I take a couple day to devour every last word...then I'll be back.
2 comments:
Sounds like you've been having fun these last couple of weeks! I do not envy you. But I think tooth #19 has it out for mankind. I too had to have a root canal done on good old tooth #19. I feel your pain!
I got sick of doing laundry too after all the barfing at my house but it did finally get Brian to call and get the couches clean so there was a silver lining to the sickness.
Post a Comment