Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Books I Read in 2013

And it's time for my annual post of the Book I read in the last year. I made it through 61 books total, 4 more than last year. Which I think isn't too bad because I have been in school since September and only found the time to read 9 since then.

Looking back at my list, I read through a lot of Christian books and a bunch by LDS authors. I find that I don't have time to read through smutty books like I used to. I read a lot of series and found some awesome new authors.

My favorite book of the year.... The Book of Mormon


I was able sneak in 3 reads of this one again this year. I learned some wonderful new insights from my Institute class I took this last semester (and developed a love and respect for Isaiah, even though I still don't understand a lot of what he is saying). I'm looking forward to my next semester of Book of Mormon 2.


My favorite series of the year... The Great and Terrible Series by Chris Stewart


I devoured this series! Written by an LDS author giving a view of Premortal life and the end of days. It gave me quite a few things to think about (and increased my desire to get my food storage acquired.) 


Favorite new (to me) author of the year... Sarah Jio


I was looking for a specific book on the shelf at the library and this one just popped out to me. I tore through it and quickly got her other 2 novels available at my library. Checking her website, I see there are two more that I need to request. 

Here is the list of all the books:

*City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
*The Book of Mormon (again, again)
*Allegiant by Veronica Roth
*A Distant Music by B.J. Hoff
*City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
*The Rapture by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins
*The Book of Mormon (again)
*The Bungalow by Sarah Jio
*The Kitchen House by Kathleen Frisson
*Insurgent by Veronica Roth
*Divergent by Veronica Roth
*The Regime by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins
*Ascend by Amanda Hocking
*Torn by Amanda Hocking
*Switched by Amanda Hocking
*Love in the Balancce by Regina Jennings
*Farewell to the East End by Jennifer Worth
*The Rising by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins
*Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio
*Sixty Acres and a Bride by Regina Jennings
*The Violets of March by Sarah Jio
*Shadows of the Workhouse by Jennifer Worth
*Call the Nurse by Mary MacLeod
*The Time Between by Karen White
*Parenthood by Proxy by Laura Schlessinger
*Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro
*Left Behind by Tim LaHaye & Jerry Jenkins
*Porter Rockwell by John Rockwell & Jerry Borrowman
*Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
*A Step of Faith by Richard Paul Evans
*When did I get like this by Amy Wilson
*Clear as the Moon by Chris Stewart
*From the End of Heaven by Chris Stewart
*Fury & Light by Chris Stewart
*The Second Sun by Chris Stewart
*Where Angels Fall by Chris Stewart
*The Brothers by Chris Stewart
*Rebekah by Orson Scott Card
*Sarah by Orson Scott Card
*The Book of Mormon
*Mrs. Mike by Benedict & Nancy Freedman
*All in Good Time by Tara Kuczykowski & Mandi Ehman
*Rachel and Leah by Orson Scott Card
*The Brethren: Inside the Supreme Court by Bob Woodward
*Speaker for the Dead by Orson Scott Card
*Fair Warning by Hannah Alexander
*Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
*While I'm Falling by Laura Moriarty
*Grave Risk by Hannah Alexander
*Last Resort by Hannah Alexander
*The Midwife of Hope River by Patricia Harman
*The Life of Our Lord by Charles Dickens
*Safe Haven by Hannah Alexander
*The Wedding Dress by Virginia Ellis
*Dinner for Busy Moms by Jeanne Muchnick
*Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
*A Tailor-Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer
*Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
*Head in the Clouds by Karen Witemeyer
*To Whisper Her Name by Tamera Alexander
*Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson

1 comment:

Lindsey and Jared said...

Hey! I read a lot of these! We should have a book club ;)